RE: Indoor Visits at Sunnyside Adventist Care Centre
The indoor visit at Sunnyside is set to start on Tuesday, July 14, 2020.
For the initial phase, the visits will be on Tuesdays only, at 2 pm- 3 pm- 6 pm- 7 pm.
To book the visit, please contact Recreation at 306- 653- 1267 #ext 140; leave a message & a follow up call will be made to schedule the visit.
During the booking, Recreation staff will ask you to identify 2 “designated” persons who can visit & inform you of the following:
– Visitors. Only 1 of the “designated” person can visit at a time.
– Duration of Visit. 30 to 45 minutes.
– A screening & temperature check will be done prior to the visit.
– You will be given a medical grade mask to wear during the entire visit.
– Leave everything not needed in the vehicle (purses, jacket, etc).
– Visits will be at a designated place in the dining room only; no access to a washroom.
– Personal Items & Gifts. Send gifts/ personal items through the front door only.
– No pets permitted.
– Cancellation. Visit will be cancelled if the resident is sick/ not feeling well, if there is sickness (outbreak) at Sunnyside or inclement weather; for this, an online video visit is an option. At the same time, if you are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms, please call to cancel the appointment.
After each visit, the resident is monitored closely for any respiratory symptoms; you are strongly encouraged to do the same. If you or the other “designate” gets sick within 7- 14 days of the visit, inform Sunnyside immediately & contact 811- Healthline.
Lastly, we are reminding you to please comply with existing public health orders:
- Avoid travel to “hotspots” as specified by SHA (Saskatchewan Health Authority).
- Wear a mask when in public spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Keep contacts to close family members.
We appreciate your support & cooperation as we implement visitation protocols. The frequency of the indoor visits will be revisited & further information will be sent out.
Maria Theresa S. Villarosa, MAN, RN
Director of Care