Guidelines for Family Outdoor Visits at Sunnyside – Starting Daily on Tuesday, June 9 from Noon to 7pm.
* ALL OUTDOOR VISITS MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE. Please contact our Recreation department at 306-653-1267 ext. 140. If you receive their voice mail please leave them a voice mail with your contact details and preferred visiting time. We will be scheduling visits 7 days a week, in the afternoons from 12 – 7pm on our front patio. Please indicate which day of the week and what times will work for you. We will confirm with you which time in the afternoon your visit will be. Please understand that there will be a huge demand for visits initially. We will start slowly with one family visit at a time to make sure our visits are going well and expand visiting slowly to meet demand while keeping our residents safe.
* Two metre physical distancing is required in order to keep your loved ones safe, you will not be able to touch them when you visit. Our seating setup provides for physical distancing. Charades are a great way to show hugs, kisses and high fives! All Public Health Orders are still in effect. Visiting privileges will be suspended if these guidelines are not followed.
* Each visit will be limited to two immediate adult family members or the resident POA because of space limitations. Be sure to plan with other family households to allow everyone a chance to visit. We will expand visits to include children and friends of residents once we are sure our visits are going well.
* All visitors will be screened for health concerns prior to visiting. (IE: anyone with a temperature or flu \ cold symptoms will not be able to visit). Please do not visit if you are not feeling well in any way. Residents will not be able to go on outside visits if they are ill. After you are screened our staff will bring your loved one to the patio to meet you and direct you to your visiting location. Please dress for the weather. Hand sanitizing will also be required. If there is an outbreak of any kind at Sunnyside or in the Saskatoon community we will stop all outdoor visits.
* You are encouraged to bring a mask with you to wear during your visit. There will be NO access to Sunnyside during your visit including no access to a washroom.
* If you feel that your loved one would not like an outdoor visit, we will continue with window visits, telephone calls and video visits. The first one or two visits will tell you what your loved one prefers, adjustments can be made as we go forward.
* If the weather is bad, all visits for that time frame will be cancelled. We will communicate with you if that is the case. You could switch to a video visit if your outside visit is cancelled due to bad weather.
* We will continue to accept items for your loved one through the front door, where we can safely sanitize the items prior to your loved one receiving them. They cannot be handed to your loved one at your visit. Acceptable items are flowers from a florist, letters, photos, books, wrapped packages and clothing.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these ever-changing times. We appreciate your efforts in helping us keep our residents and staff safe. Visitation plans may be adjusted as we learn what works through feedback from our residents, families and staff.